Shining Star Awards
Every month Project Understanding will serve 1,300-1,500 neighbors in need. Because most of them will be served by a volunteer, the Annual Shining Star Awards lets us honor outstanding Volunteers and Community Partners!
2017 Award recipients included:
- Shining Star Volunteer of the Year – Lynn Geller
- Shalom Award – Karol Schulkin
- Donors of the Year – Larry and Carol Dawes
- Board Member of the Year – Kellie Meehan and Charleen Morla
- Employee of the Year – Janine Dykstra
The pre-announced awards included program volunteers of the year: Food Pantry - Joanna Norstedt; First Step Center - Nita Perkins; Tutoring - David Ensminger; Tender Life (No longer owned by PU) - Karen Collier and Carolyn Tabor; Administrative - Gina Norstedt and Meg Perry.
Other pre-announced awards were for: Collaborating Partner - CAPS Media; Community Partner - Bejune Foundation; Business - MortgageCouch; House of Worship - St. Paul’s Episcopal Church and Ventura Seventh-day Adventist Church.