Tender Life Maternity Home
Tender Life Maternity Home “Where courage meets compassion to build new life”
This program provides homeless pregnant women with safe housing and support services that promote self-sufficiency.
- Phone interview
- In person interview
- Homeless and pregnant
- Pregnant only, no other children
- At least 30 days of sobriety, proof if available
- Present proof of income, or Cal Works
- No felonies preferred; staff will decide on case by case basis
- Cannot house severe mental health clients
- Domestic violence: you must have completed a 30 day Domestic violence shelter before you will be considered for the maternity home.
- Proof of legal status
Providing a Hand Up, Not a Hand Out
Getting back on your feet is instrumental to leading a happy and healthy life. Project Understanding is structured to help people in need make it through tough times by assisting with Food, Housing and Tutoring. Empowering yourself to be self-sufficient can be achieved with focus, work and understanding.
|Tender Life Maternity Home
871 E Thompson Blvd
Ventura, CA 93001
|Open: By arrangement
View Larger Map
If you need assistance, please contact us to get started.
The first step in getting help from Project Understanding is contacting theFirst Step Center.
Once you contact us, a representative will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
2 phone interviews
1 in-person interviews
8 House Tours
Program Requirements (Intake Portion):
Proof of Identity (ID)
- Proof of Income – last two check stubs, SSI/SSA/Disability award letter or bank statement if direct deposit, food stamps, unemployment stubs.
- Proof of Address – rental agreement; if renting a room, letter from landlord
- Proof of Dependents/custody – rental agreement (if listed on it), legal paperwork and awarding custody.
- If Homeless, ID and mailing address